Are you Looking to Amp Up Your Smile with Veneers in Vancouver?
You can love your smile with durable and beautiful veneers from Dr. Aminzadeh.
I’m in the Vancouver Area; How Much Does It Cost to Get Veneers?
Pricing can range depending on many factors. When you are considering veneers as an option, be sure to consult with a qualified and trusted dental professional to help you assess the pros and cons in your unique situation. There are many other procedures that can be an alternative, so wanting to improve your smile doesn’t necessarily make you an ideal candidate. Here are a few of the areas a dentist might guide you through during your decision-making process.
Veneers are designed to visually correct minor aesthetic concerns, including chipped, discoloured, or misaligned teeth. Your specialist will asses whether a veneer would be the best fit, or whether another orthodontic, dental, or surgical procedure is required. Some visual elements to look for that may mean you are a good candidate for veneers are:
- Widely spaced teeth – If there are large gaps present between the teeth, you may have a choice between braces and veneers. We will assess the overall fit, personal preference, and cost options to help you make the best choice.
- Small teeth – Undersized teeth are a great candidate for veneers, and this option can balance the bite and add surface area to avoid excessive wearing that can lead smaller teeth to degenerate. For just a few smaller teeth, bonding may be suggested as an alternative to build up the tooth.
- Misshapen Teeth – We sometimes see teeth with good spacing and decent sizing that have excessive ridges, pockets or otherwise uncommon shapes. As braces do not work on the structure of the tooth, only the layout; veneers can be a great option for a smoother tooth appearance.
Type of Veneers
There are two primary veneer types, and each have their own benefits. The difference is mostly in the method of creation and the durability of each material.
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers are high quality, milled porcelain. It offers a realistic appearance and texture that is most similar to natural teeth. It is more expensive due to the preparation required. Porcelain is considered to be the most durable, stain-resistant, and chip-resistant material for veneers.
- Ceramic Veneers – Ceramic veneers are a close runner up in terms of lifespan, but the veneers are built by layering or pressing liquid ceramic materials. This type of veneer may require less tooth preparation, and also provides an attractive result at a lower price point.
Disadvantages of Veneers
Veneers may be placed on individual teeth, or there may be multiple veneers required for optimal smile symmetry and appearance. Veneers will also need to be replaced in 10-15 years, so it is important to consider future costs.
- Veneers are not reversible – This means that once you commit to veneers, you will wear them for the rest of your life. The tooth will have enamel removed and a protective layer added, to which the veneer is secured. Enamel does not grow back, so future replacement will always be required to maintain a healthy smile.
- Veneers are not indestructible – Although they will last for over a decade in many cases, veneers are still made up of a material than can be cracked, chipped, or broken. If this happens, they cannot be repaired, and will need to be replaced.
- Veneers can not be whitened – If you are planning a smile makeover, veneers can be a big improvement. It is important to talk to your dental professional about all possible options as some treatments, like whitening, will need to be completed first so the colour of the veneer matches the other teeth.
- You may need to see the dentist more – Because you will still have your teeth beneath the veneers, you need to ensure that proper care goes into your oral health to prevent the natural tooth from becoming decayed, as it will not be able to support the veneer if this happens and you’ll likely require additional dental procedures.
Do Any Vancouver Dental Clinics Offer Same-Day Veneers?
The timeframe for custom veneer creation and application is based on the specific case, accounting for number and type of veneers required. A standard timeframe is two or three visits. The process itself is simple and painless, and the result is a stunning smile you’ll love.
Find Veneers in Vancity Today
Book your consultation to get started on your dream smile.