Metro Vancouver: Amp Up your Smile with Veneers from Dr. Aminzadeh!
Dr. Aminzadeh will give you a smile you love with durable and beautiful veneers.
If You’re Pricing Out Veneers in the Vancouver Area, Here’s What You Should Know!
Pricing can range depending on many factors. When you are considering veneers as an option, be sure to consult with a qualified and trusted dental professional to help you assess the pros and cons in your unique situation. There are many other procedures that can be an alternative, so wanting to improve your smile doesn’t necessarily make you an ideal candidate. Here are a few of the areas a dentist might guide you through during your decision-making process.
These dental overlays are designed to visually correct minor aesthetic concerns, including chipped, discoloured, or misaligned teeth. Your dentist will asses whether a veneer would be appropriate, or whether another orthodontic, dental, or surgical procedure is the best fit. Some visual elements to look for that may mean you are a good candidate for veneers are:
- Widely spaced teeth – If there are large gaps present between the teeth, you may be presented veneers as an option. We will assess the overall fit, personal preference, and costs to help you make the best choice.
- Small teeth – Undersized teeth can be a great candidate for veneers, and this option can balance the bite and add surface area to avoid excessive wearing that can lead smaller teeth to degenerate. For just a few smaller teeth, bonding may be suggested as an alternative to build up the tooth.
- Misshapen Teeth – We sometimes see teeth with good spacing and decent sizing that have excessive ridges, pockets or otherwise uncommon shapes. As braces do not work on the structure of the tooth, only the layout; veneers may be a great option for a smoother tooth appearance.
Type of Veneers
There are two primary overlay types, and each have their own benefits. The difference is mostly in the method of creation and the durability of each material.
- Porcelain – Porcelain veneers are high quality, milled porcelain. It offers a realistic appearance and texture that is most similar to natural teeth. It is more expensive due to the preparation required. Porcelain is considered to be the most durable, stain-resistant, and chip-resistant material for an aesthetic shell.
- Ceramic – Ceramic veneers are a close runner up in terms of lifespan, but the veneers are built by layering or pressing liquid ceramic materials. This type of dental covering may require less tooth preparation, and also provides an attractive result at a lower price point.
Taking Care of Your Teeth When Opting for Veneers
The aesthetic overlay may be placed on individual teeth, or there may be multiple veneers required for optimal smile symmetry and appearance. Your provider will run through a list of considerations to think about, including:
- They are permanent – In most cases, once you commit to the procedure, you will wear them for the rest of your life. The tooth may have enamel removed and a protective layer added, to which the veneer is secured. Enamel does not grow back, so a veneer will always be required to maintain a healthy smile.
- You will need to replace them – Although they will last for over a decade in many cases, the shells themselves are made up of a material than can be cracked, chipped, or broken. If this happens, they cannot be repaired, and will need to be replaced.
- Do whitening treatments first – If you are planning a smile makeover, veneers can be a big improvement. It is important to talk to your dental professional about all possible options as some treatments, like whitening, will need to be completed first for optimal colour matching.
- Good brushing habits are important – Because you will still have your teeth beneath the exterior covering, you need to ensure that proper care goes into your oral health to prevent the natural tooth from becoming decayed, as it will not be able to support the veneer if this happens and you’ll likely require additional dental procedures.
Dr. Aminzadeh is Known for His Gorgeous Veneering Results!
Veneers require specific knowledge and training. It is also considered a cosmetic procedure, so many dentists prefer to refer to outside clinics, like the Dr. Aminzadeh Dental Studio for veneers. The process itself is simple and painless, and the result is a stunning smile you’ll love.
Ask Us About Getting Veneers at Our Van-city Location
Book your consultation to get started on your dream smile today!