Looking for the Top Provider of Dental Implants in Vancouver?
Dr. Aminzadeh is restoring comfort and convenience to those with complete or partial tooth loss.
What to Ask Your Vancouver Dentistry Clinic About Dental Implants
With implant dentistry, those who are missing one, two or several teeth can have the comfort and functionality of their mouth restored. Dental implants are a newer option and have a wealth of advantages over traditional bridges or dentures. Here are some questions to ask:
What Type of Dental Implant is Best for Me?
Dental implants are a fantastic solution to tooth loss, and your dental specialist will provide a thorough assessment of your mouth health before recommending implants. They are more invasive than dentures, but offer the ability to chew normally and have a longer lifespan. Here are some common dental implants that your dentist may suggest:
- Single Implants – Great for individual missing teeth, a single implant consists of a post placed in the jaw and topped with a crown. The custom crown fits perfectly with existing teeth so these implants are generally indistinguishable from real teeth and are highly durable, offering 95% chewing efficiency.
- Removable Bottom Denture Over Implants – Typically, two to four implants will be placed to attach to the denture and hold it in place. Chewing efficiency is around 40%-50%, and this denture style requires diligent care to avoid discomfort and food particle accumulation.
- Removable Dentures Over Implants – Four implants will be placed in the top or bottom jaw, either with a bar or with abutments for attachment and support. A full denture is connected, and can be removed for daily cleaning. Whether a bar or abutments are used will depend on bone health in the jaw, as well as manual dexterity for the removal of the denture for cleaning. A 70-75% chewing efficiency is great, although the dentures may need replacing every 3-5 years.
- Hybrid Fixed Bridge Over Implants – With four implants and a titanium bar, this implant solution offers 90-95% chewing efficiency, so even the hardest foods can be eaten. This is a permanent option; however, the teeth are acrylic, so are prone to staining and can be broken. Acrylic also requires good care habits to ensure bacterial build-up doesn’t happen. The teeth require replacement every 3-5 years, though the cost of that replacement is much lower than the full implant.
- Zirconia fixed Bridge Over Implants – Also coming in at 90-95% chewing efficiency, this bridge is similar to the hybrid, but this is the most durable option, and is made of inert and biocompatible Zirconia, which the body can accommodate readily during healing. The process is quite involved and the cost higher than the other solutions, but this is the best-looking implant system and is also the easiest to care for and longest lasting.
Your dentist or dental implant expert will be able to tell you whether implant dentistry will be a good fit for you.
What Conditions Can Implant Dentistry Improve?
Dental implants are a permanent solution for tooth loss due to age, disease, or injury. They improve mouth pain, difficulty chewing, and unwanted changes to facial appearance.
Dental Implants are a suitable solution to replace an individual tooth, and All-On-4 implants are ideal for cases involving the loss of several teeth as well as complete tooth loss.
Are Dental Implants a Better Option Than Dentures?
There are several advantages that dental implants may have over traditional dentures:
Comfort – Dental implants cause less irritation of tissues due to less movement. Your dental provider will help you choose the one that will fit your needs and lifestyle.
Aesthetics – Implants are generally made of higher quality materials for a more natural smile and facial structure.
Eating – Many denture wearers miss their favourite foods, and implants allow them to enjoy them again. Implants also do not need to be removed during eating, making social situations more comfortable.
Lifespan – Again, higher quality compounds can extend the life of your smile and give you many years of use.
Confidence – Everyone deserves to love their smile, and we know how many of our clients love the confidence they gain from having natural looking and functional teeth with dental implants.
Cleaning – Although there are still specific maintenance and cleaning required for dental implants, most wearers find it becomes routine and is worth the results.
Ask for a Second Opinion from Vancouver’s Top Dental Implant Specialist
Dr. Aminzadeh offers implant dentistry as well as consulting services, and if you have been told or think you may need dental implants, please reach out for a consultation. We take pride in offering great service and amazing results!
Contact us Today!